Beyond : Memories in a Timelapse - The most beautiful time-lapse of UAE ever made!




BEYOND - Memoirs In A Time Lapse from Beno Saradzic on Vimeo.

Beno Saradzic, Abu Dhabi based filmmaker and chief imagineer of Timesand UAE is back again with 'Beyond:memories in a timelapse' I have been one of the privileged few to watch the film even before it was officially released, thanks to the very close relationship I share with the fimmaker. 

Since the huge success of Abu Dhabi 2011, Beno always hinted that something bigger was coming. I saw it all coming in place as I watched BEYOND - the 7 minutes of sheer magic. Beno has once again pushed the limits of filmmaking and brought out something, that is truly remarkable and fascinating. I must admit I gave a standing ovation to this filmmaker extraordinaire. 


Weaved out of the best of 225,000 still 
frames taken over a period of two years Beyond is a poetic journey of colourful motion and music that relates the seemingly limitless power of human imagination - to create and transform on a scale far beyond our own. It is a tall tale of inspiration, courage, determination, tenacity and perseverance through adversity. Shot at locations throughout Abu Dhabi and Dubai, ‘Beyond’s implicit story is about much more than the success of the UAE. What is unfolding in the UAE is a shining, symbolic example of the towering achievements of mankind as a whole.

The music was exclusively crafted by none other than the award winning musician Vladimir Persan, who is a powerhouse of talent. Vlad as he is affectionately called by his friends is one of the regions most popular and respected musician and composers. He has written and produced  TVC sound tracks for some of the world's most prestigious brands. He is also the one who composed the background score for Beno Saradzic's first timelapse film -Abu Dhabi 2011 - which became such a huge viral hit worldwide. His work has earned him several acclaims and honors including the prestigious Hollywood Music in Media Award.  I was extremely delighted to get acquainted to him through Beno and he is equally down to earth and humble. The Beno-Vlad duo are an amazing combination and are surely going places. 

Abu Dhabi 2011 and My association with the incredibly talented Beno Saradzic

When I first watched Abu Dhabi 2011 I fell totally in love with this filmmaking technique called timelapsing. As a student of Visual Communications, I have always been fascinated by Filmmaking and have worked for a couple of production houses too, including the renowned CMN Productions based out of Atlanta, Georgia.  


I had watched several timelapse films before but nothing quite appealed to me or captured my attention, the way this film did. Abu Dhabi 2011 opened me up to a whole new level of Digital filmmaking.  I started gaining keen interest in this art of weaving still frames into a poetic video of beautiful motion, sound and effect. I wasted no time in making acquaintance with the awesome Beno Saradzic of Timesand Films..  I offered to help him build a Facebook page to reach a wider section of people who enjoyed photography, timelapse and digital filmmaking. 

We both kicked off with the social media project in 2011 only a few days after the release of Abu Dhabi 2011. I watched as the page grew in thousands within a matter of only a few weeks.  Despite his really busy schedule, Beno took time to personally reply to each and every single fan comment on his page. Beno would sometimes spend hours just to make sure every single question raised by his fans are answered - a very rare and remarkable trait. 
As a social media community manager, that was a very important lesson learnt for me. Beno not only taught me how to look at life from a more beautiful perspective and turn the mundane into extra ordinary, he also taught me how to grow and build a community of loyal fans and followers. I salute this great man and wish that he attains greater success, glory and achievement in the days to come. 


2 comments: